📅 29th - 30th November 2023
From 14:00 to 18:00 CET (UTC+1). See your timezone here.
Engineering Strategy is hard, and we lack good resources to start with.
As technical leaders, we are more exposed to the business needs and we need to understand our context to come with good strategies that make an impact.
The lack of good training and resources makes us feel lost and we end up with a strategy that does not fit our business needs.
This workshop will help you to understand what is, what is not and how to design an engineering strategy that fits your business needs.
A talk I did so you can see what to expect
What will you learn?
Day 1 - Theory
- What is an engineering strategy
- What is not an engineering strategy
- The relationship between complex systems and strategy
- The core components of an engineering strategy
- Domain-Driven Design Strategic Patterns
- Introduction Team Topologies
Day 2 - Practice
- See a real world scenario and analyse it.
- Explore different scenarious as a group and design an engineering strategy for each one.
And after the workshop?
- You will drive your team to a common-focused goal.
- You will design a courated engineering strategy that fits your business needs.
- You will learn how to involve the teams during the engineering strategy creation to increase the buy-in.
- You will learn how to drive the direction while allowing the teams to make their own decisions.
- You will learn how diversity plays a key role to design a strategy.
Who is this workshop for?
- VPs of Engineering
- Engineering Managers
- Tech Leads
- Senior Engineers
Limited capacity to 10 attendees.
- For refunds or changing the owner of the ticket, reach me at contact. Refunds available until 24th November.
- Diversity tickets: I want to make this workshop accessible to everyone, so I have 4 diversity tickets (2 left).
- If you are a member of an underrepresented group in tech, you can apply for a diversity ticket.
- If you cannot affort the ticket, contact me and we will see what we can do.
Do you need to know something in advance?
No, this workshop is designed to be accessible to everyone.
Is it recorded?
No, this workshop is not recorded.
Will it be in English?
Yes, the workshop will be in English.
Will you provide material after the workshop?
Yes, the material we will work with will be provided via email in PDF format after the workshop.
Do you have a Code of Conduct?
We expect everyone to be respectful and professional with each other.
Do you need to have a computer?
Yes, you will need a computer to participate in the workshop.
We will use: